Traditional methods of suspending and supporting air ducts, such as threaded bars, are time-consuming, increasing labour costs and safety risks and reducing project efficiencies. While threaded bars may have been the go-to solution for duct suspension for many years, a Zip-Clip cable suspension solution provides a safer, more efficient alternative.
What is a Zip-Clip cable suspension solution?
A Zip-Clip cable suspension system is a very strong, high-spec solution and the leading high-efficiency alternative to traditional threaded bar systems. The Zip-Clip design is based on a very simple yet effective locking mechanism, making it easier to handle and install – reducing labour costs and improving installation efficiencies.
Zip-Clip industrial applications
Aside from being a high-efficiency solution for Duct suspensions and support systems, the Zip-Clip wire-based solution is suitable for a number of other applications including for use with timber, decking, service supports, purlins, wrap-aroundwrap, concrete, catenary and roof supports. The diverse nature of the Zip-Clip solution, its simplicity and ease of use, have made it popular for use in HVAC, mechanical installations and electrical installations to serve all manner of functions, including as a suspension solution for lighting supports, for exhibition suspended structures, for catenary systems, in seismic bracing, for Building Information Modelling (BIM), for securing 7×7 and 19×7 aircraft cables, for suspended acoustic panels, for suspended signage, for cable tray and cable basket supports and even in trapeze.
What are the benefits of a Zip-Clip cable suspension system for the ducts and supports?
Making the switch to a wire-based Zip-Clip suspension system when installing air ducts is simple, efficient and cost-effective, bringing with it a wide range of benefits including:
- A reduction in labour costs – The Zip-Clip solution is based on a highly effective locking mechanism that is easier to handle and simpler to install, cutting installation times and therefore the cost of labour, ultimately improving efficiencies.
- Better safety – the simplicity of the Zip-Clip solution reduces the amount of time that workers must spend at heights, improving site safety.
- Easier adjustments – Adjustments can be made easily without the need for tools or specialist equipment improving efficiency.
- Reduced logistics costs – Wire-based cable suspension systems are easier to transport and handle than threaded bars
- No additional permits – Wire-based cable suspension does not require an on-site hot-work permit as it is cold cut
- Less vibrational disturbance – The installation of wire-based cable suspension reduces vibration
- A more aesthetically pleasing visual impact – Zip-Clip wire-based suspension solutions have a far less visual impact making them popular for installations in which the air ducts will be visible.
Find out more
We are dedicated to providing an efficient service, a superior product and paying attention to detail to provide you with the suspension system you need. For further details or to book an appointment, get in touch with Bobby Macken today on +353 1 910 4125 or at email@example.com.