AREAS FOR USE
The Y-It system is designed for indoor applications. Regular galvanised systems should not be used in areas that have levels of corrosion or elevated levels of heat or moisture.
For installations that are within corrosive areas consult with Zip-Clip Technical Department.
Attaching Carabiners to Cable Basket:
- Open gate of carabiner and hook around upright wire of cable basket.
- Repeat on opposite side of basket.
- Ensure angle of the inverted Y- shape is 60 degrees or less.
Note: Fix carabiners directly opposite from each other to ensure fixture hangs level and always ensure snap gate has closed fully.
Attaching Toggles to Through Holes:
Note: Toggles should be placed into holes no larger than 12 mm diameter. Always ensure toggles are compatible with the through hole.
- Invert the toggle so it is parallel with the wire.
- Place the end-stop into the selected through-hole and then push the toggle into the hole –Toggle will naturally rotate 90 degrees to the wire to span the hole. Ensure toggles are located correctly and not overloaded.
- Repeat on opposite side of light fitting, cable tray, etc.
- Ensure angle of the inverted Y-shape is 60 degrees or less. If angle exceeds 60 degrees use a Y-It with a larger span.
Attaching to Anchor Point Using Zip-Clip Locking Device:
- Pass the wire rope through the Zip-Clip device in the direction of the arrow.
- Pass wire rope through or around your required fixture/application and back through the Zip-Clip leaving 15 cm of wire protruding.
- Confirm engagement of the Zip-Clip on the wire by pushing the pin in the opposite direction to the arrows indicated.
- For static loads only.
- Ensure carabiners/toggles are compatible with the available fixing points.
- Ensure carabiners/toggles are located correctly and not over loaded.
- Ensure carabiner snap gates are fully closed when fitted to services.
- Angle of the span should not exceed 60 degrees.
- If angle exceeds 60 degrees, use Y-It with a larger span.