Installing round duct hangers and supports can be time-consuming, increasing labour costs and safety risks with employees exposed to heights for longer periods of time. While threaded bars have been a go-to suspension solution for round duct hangers and supports for many years, the technology is now outdated. Thankfully a more efficient threaded bar substitute is available in the form of the Zip-Clip cable suspension solution, which is both easier to use, safer and more effective.
What is a Zip-Clip cable suspension solution?
A Zip-Clip cable suspension system is a strong but stylish high-spec suspension solution and the leading alternative to traditional threaded bar systems. Based on a very simple yet effective locking mechanism, the Zip-Clip system is easy to handle making it far quicker to install, thus reducing labour costs and the time employees must spend at heights.
Zip-Clip industrial applications
Aside from providing the perfect solution for air handling duct suspension and round duct hangers and support, the Zip-Clip wire-based suspension solution is suitable for a number of applications including for use with timber, decking, service supports, purlins, wrap-aroundwrap, concrete, Aside from providing the perfect solution for air handling duct suspension and round duct hangers and support, the Zip-Clip wire-based suspension solution is suitable for a number of applications including for use with timber, decking, service supports, purlins, wrap-aroundwrap, concrete, catenary and roof supports. and roof supports. The diverse nature of the Zip-Clip solution, its simplicity and ease of use, have made it popular for use in HVAC, mechanical installations and electrical installations to serve all manner of functions, including as a suspension solution for lighting supports, for exhibition suspended structures, for catenary systems, in seismic bracing, for Building Information Modelling (BIM), for securing 7×7 and 19×7 aircraft cables, for suspended acoustic panels, for suspended signage, for cable tray and cable basket supports and even in trapeze.
What are the benefits of a Zip-Clip cable suspension system for the installation of round duct hangers and supports?
Making the switch to a wire-based Zip-Clip suspension system when installing round duct hangers and supports is simple and cost-effective, bringing with it a wide range of benefits including:
- A reduction in labour costs – The Zip-Clip solution is based on a highly effective locking mechanism that is easier to handle and simpler to install, cutting installation times and therefore the cost of labour.
- Better safety – the simplicity of the Zip-Clip solution reduces the amount of time that workers must spend at heights, improving site safety.
- Easier adjustments – Adjustments can be made easily without the need for tools or specialist equipment.
- Reduced logistics costs – Wire-based cable suspension systems are easier to transport and handle than threaded bars
- No additional permits – Wire-based cable suspension does not require an on-site hot-work permit as it is cold cut
- Less vibrational disturbance – The installation of wire-based cable suspension reduces vibration
- A more aesthetically pleasing visual impact – Zip-Clip wire-based suspension solutions have a far less visual impact making them popular for design projects
Find out more
Here at Gomac Cables, we distribute high-spec cable suspension systems to the Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC industries as a substitute for the now outdated threaded bar system. Our approach is designed to reduce complexity and increase productivity without any compromise on strength or safety. We are dedicated to providing an efficient service, a superior product and paying attention to detail to provide you with the suspension system you need. For further details or to book an appointment, get in touch with Bobby Macken today on +353 1 910 4125 or at email@example.com.