When researching a more efficient threaded bar substitute having worked with traditional methods of suspending and supporting air ducts, you can’t ignore the alternative suspension methods, the best of which is a cable suspension system. Threaded bars, are time-consuming, they increase labour costs and safety risks and reduce project efficiencies. While threaded bars may have been the go-to solution for duct suspension for many years, a Zip-Clip cable suspension solution provides a safer, more efficient substitute.
What is a Zip-Clip cable suspension solution?
A Zip-Clip cable suspension system is a very strong, high-spec solution and the leading high-efficiency alternative to traditional threaded bar systems. The Zip-Clip design is based on a very simple yet effective locking mechanism, making it easier to handle and install – reducing labour costs and improving installation efficiencies.
Zip-Clip industrial applications
Aside from being a high-efficiency and more efficient threaded bar substitute solution for Duct suspensions and support systems, the Zip-Clip wire-based solution is suitable for a number of other applications including for use with timber, decking, service supports, purlins, wrap-aroundwrap, concrete, catenary and roof supports. The diverse nature of the Zip-Clip solution, its simplicity and ease of use, have made it popular for use in HVAC, mechanical installations and electrical installations to serve all manner of functions, including as a suspension solution for lighting supports, for exhibition suspended structures, for catenary systems, in seismic bracing, for Building Information Modelling (BIM), for securing 7×7 and 19×7 aircraft cables, for suspended acoustic panels, for suspended signage, for cable tray and cable basket supports and even in trapeze.
What are the benefits of a threaded bar substitute like the Zip-Clip cable suspension system for the ducts and supports?
Making the switch to a wire-based Zip-Clip suspension system when installing air ducts is simple, efficient and cost-effective, bringing with it a wide range of benefits including:
- A reduction in labour costs – The Zip-Clip solution is based on a highly effective locking mechanism that is easier to handle and simpler to install, cutting installation times and therefore the cost of labour, ultimately improving efficiencies.
- Better safety – the simplicity of the Zip-Clip solution reduces the amount of time that workers must spend at heights, improving site safety.
- Easier adjustments – Adjustments can be made easily without the need for tools or specialist equipment improving efficiency.
- Reduced logistics costs – Wire-based cable suspension systems are easier to transport and handle than threaded bars
- No additional permits – Wire-based cable suspension does not require an on-site hot-work permit as it is cold cut
- Less vibrational disturbance – The installation of wire-based cable suspension reduces vibration
- A more aesthetically pleasing visual impact – Zip-Clip wire-based suspension solutions have a far less visual impact making them popular for installations in which the air ducts will be visible.
Find out more
Einstein once said that ‘everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler’, a statement that we wholeheartedly believe in. Here at Gomac Cables, we distribute high-spec cable suspension systems to the Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC industries as a substitute for the now outdated threaded bar system. Our approach is designed to reduce complexity and increase productivity without any compromise on strength or safety. We are dedicated to providing an efficient service, a superior product and paying attention to detail to provide you with the suspension system you need. For further details or to book an appointment, get in touch with Bobby Macken today on +353 1 910 4125 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.